Today my kitchen smells fabulous and I've had a blast baking up three new cookie recipes for our family get together tomorrow afternoon. Some went into birthday gift bags for three of my BILs and one was for everyone to share.
I made the out of this world "Homemade Oreos" from Deb at Smitten Kitchen. Make these NOW (trust me) they were unbelievable and totally worth the extra effort. Thank you Deb for sharing!
**There is even a Gluten Free version of this recipe at Hey, that tastes good!
The other gift bag cookie, pictured above with the Oreos, was "Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip" from one of my favorite cookie queens, Maria, at Two Peas and Their Pod. If you love cookies, you need to visit this site for new twists and old favorites!
To share with everyone, I made "Coconut Chocolate Chunk Blondies" from Brown Eyed Baker. They received rave reviews from all, including the die hard chocoholics. Although you can use chocolate chips, I'd recommend the chunks. I made mine with both dark and semi-sweet chunks.
All three cookies were heartily approved!
Thanks to my SIL, Krista, for graciously hosting the fam and MIL, Carol, for coordinating. It was a fun day!
Here are the five brothers (I think the one on the far left is pretty amazing).
Okay.....did they arrange themselves like this on purpose? The two oldest on the ends followed by the next in age and then the youngest smack dab in the center!








No comments:
Post a Comment