My husband and I are big fans of Lost and have been both intrigued and vexed in equal measure during the course of the series. I'll say one thing for the writers, they certainly know how to keep their audience on the edge of their seats. Every time we think we might see an answer to a twisty question, they blow our theory to bits. This book does not contain any spoilers or great plot revelations so if that is what you are looking for you will be disappointed. However, it does dig into the psyches of several of the main characters and I enjoyed reading it very much. I love a good mystery and Lost is certainly that.
I once read a quote by Harry Potter author, JK Rowling, "People tend to find in books what they look to find". I think this can be true of any story that deals in some way with moral values wether it be in books we read or those we watch on the big screen.
Only time will tell if the writers truly intended the show to reflect biblical values or philosophy in general but one thing that the show certainly does is cause viewers to think more deeply about the themes of faith, reason, guilt, fatalism, redemption of our inner nature and character and the ability to make choices that change the course of our lives, either for better or worse.
Although the show is nearing it's end, this book would make a nice addition to any Lost fan's library.
Note: I received a free copy of this book through Thomas Nelson's Bloggers program. The only requirement is to give an unbiased review and I received no compensation.









I might have to look into that... My husband and I love us some LOST!!
ReplyDeleteIt's on the way to you, Britt, via priority mail. Come back and leave a comment after you've read it. I would love to know what you and your husband think about the book.
ReplyDelete