
My husband is a basketball playing fanatic! Actually, any type of outdoor, strenuous, physical activity is his stress relief "drug" of choice but he's been sidelined since April 27th with a badly sprained ankle and was on crutches for over two weeks. That made life a bit interesting around here for a while.
This has been a real shock to the poor guy - the first serious injury that has kept him off the courts (and slowed down in general for heaven's sake) for any significant length of time. Ahhhhh, the joys of coming to grips with the 'ol aging of the body.
It only took nine entire days (sheesh, a week and a half) to convince him that he really should get it checked out (I hear all of you married women out there nodding!) but the good news is he did not have any fractures or serious ruptures (just a partial tear of one ankle ligament), is now crutch free and receiving physical therapy. Thankfully, it looks like he's going to make that 9 day backpacking trip in Oregon the middle of next month after all.
A snippet of tonight's conversation while watching Game 3 of the Lakers & Nuggets:
E - "Hey, maybe I can just go to the court, stand there and shoot baskets. I haven't shot a basketball in almost a month." (sad tone and boo boo face).
Me - "Uh, how are you going to get the rebounds?"
E- "Walk I guess"
Me - "Oooookkkkkaaaaay"
In fact, I just heard some rummaging around in the bedroom closet. He dug out his ankle brace and the basketball but I don't think he's eager or anything - it's only 10 o'clock at night after all!
=)








Aw, poor Evan! It takes a lot to slow him down!
ReplyDeleteI like your background. Want me to come up with a header to match? If there are any photos you'd like in the header just send em' my way!
Thanks Melissa! Yes, I'd love that! I'll look for some pix. =)
ReplyDelete