I finally made it into the Blogoverse so those of you who have been encouraging me with all the “When are you going to start your Blog? and, "How’s the Blog coming along?” comments can now rest easy. Although, I can’t promise loads of excitement around here so don’t get your hopes up too high. =)
Okay, so how do people come up with nifty Blog titles anyway? I’m so terrible at coming up with clever names. I remember getting my first horse at 13 and going through so many names for my gelding it made my head hurt. Here are just a couple: Chief, Cherokee, Cherokee Chief (see what I mean? Very sad.). He finally became Rusty (He had a gorgeous russet coat). It suited his ornery personality and scrappiness just fine.
Or take our little runt of a kitten gone to kitty heaven. Tuxedo colored with a “mask”, after much deliberation she officially became “Bandit”. Did I ever call her that? No way, she was always Baby or Snookie or numerous other embarrassing nicknames. My new furry baby was already named Bailey by his previous owners (his coloring reminded them of Bailey’s Irish Cream). I didn’t think it would be a problem to change his name. After all, cats don’t know their own names anyway, right? Wrong people! This one sure does! So he lucked out and got to keep it – who knows what he would have ended up being called? (Probably, Baby, LOL).
My husband is not much better at the naming thing. A while back we inherited a year old sweet Yellow Lab from some dear friends. His name was Bo or officially “Chloe’s Bodacious Boy” on his registration papers. We thought Bo sounded too much like “No” and needed to be changed. (Plus, I was getting weird flashes of “Dukes of Hazzard” whenever we called his name). A favorite movie at the time happened to be “Gladiator” – so we decided to call the dog “Glad” for short. Just kidding! He’s really named “Maximus Meridius” after Russell Crowe’s character but no dog has ever been more inappropriately named. Max barks a fiercely aggressive bark behind the safety of the closed front door but what a big, giant, scaredy cat he is! He is super sweet with a gentle heart and doesn’t seem to be aware that he’s not living up to his lofty name.
So, needless to say, I encountered a bit of difficulty in choosing a name for this Blog. It’s going to be used to update friends and family on happenings, post recipes, info on my chronic health journey back to good health and pictures, but hmmmmmm…..what in the world to call it? “Green Onions” eventually came to mind. It is a favorite, funky instrumental tune of ours and also sort of references my love for cooking (with many other things besides onions of course, LOL). Welcome to Green Onions ya’ll!
Mount St. Helens, 1986 (2)
7 years ago








Yay! So glad you started your blog! I like your title by the way! I too have a hard time coming up with catchy names/titles. That's why our little Ethan is three months old and we still haven't really changed the blog name. I just added his name in to the title until we come up with something better. One of these days it'll come to me.
ReplyDeleteOh Max, i miss that big yellow fella! He's a great dog.
Karen, you are a writer! and Green Onions is great, because it reminds me of the yummy cookery you do. And green onions don't even make a me cry! Keep up the great blog. When I'm feeling lonely for family, you'll be "write" there!
ReplyDelete