How was your Memorial Day? I hope you had great times with family and friends, maybe a little picnic or a day at the beach.
Evan took me to an early afternoon showing of Star Trek. It was great (both the movie and the date)! It was part of our original plans to celebrate our 17th anniversary which was a little over a week ago. Late or not, it was really fun! Most of our fellow movie goers were in the "mature" age bracket and enjoyable. I think we beat the rush while everyone else was at the beach or the springs!
We usually grill out but the sunshine from the earlier part of the day vanished in a thunderstorm by dinner time so we used the trusty George Foreman grill for steaks. Our friend Sharon came for dinner, movies and laundry. She lives on the other side of the county where flooding from the recent week of solid rain from that unnamed system is causing major problems. (Wait, isn't this the "Sunshine State")? It's always great to hang out with Sharon - she's good company and never high maintenance. If I'm having a low energy day from the CFIDS I don't have to try to hide it from her. She knows if I'm quiet and my face isn't animated that it's not because of her. I'm not mad, depressed or unhappy - my body is just exhausted. She understands from personal experience with Lyme and I have to say it's a real comfort to have friends who do understand when there are so many people who don't.
Did you notice the beautiful new header? Another sweet friend spent a lot of time making it for me, trying different layouts to avoid the problematic ribbon and large flower on the background. She's a busy mom of two and I appreciate all the work she did! Thanks so much Melissa!! Read about her family's adventures in Northern Ireland here.
Mount St. Helens, 1986 (2)
7 years ago








No comments:
Post a Comment