Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Sunny, Sunny, Sunny



The sun and wildflowers are growing like mad and what a happy sight they are. I've got loads of photos to upload and lots to catch up on: standing stones, watermelon patch gone wild, our new "sort of kiddie" pool and my guy's 15 mile hike to the 'Bulow Plantation Ruins State Historic Site' - with beautiful shots of native Florida. 


Parachutes! Two of my brothers-in-law jumped out of a plane from about 14,000 ft today. Skydiving is popular in our town and individuals and teams come here from all over the world. I've been mulling over the very, very slim possibility of doing a jump for my birthday. "Possibility" being the operative word!


The mercury is really starting to climb into the stratosphere. It is so incredibly muggy and hot that it's like being suffocated in a wet blanket. Still, our two hottest months are just around the corner. Joy. Oh. Joy. No wonder I always dream of Christmas when it's July!


The past few weeks have been a bit of a struggle to keep things up around the house and in my life as I haven't felt well but I'm hoping things are looking up. I've missed reading my favorite blogs and am looking forward to seeing what's been happening out there in Blogland.


3 comments:

  1. Lovely photo! Makes you feel happy just looking at it. =)

    So you want to go skydiving too? It's been on my wish list for ages. Let me know when you're going and I'll come watch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Skydiving? WHOA! That always seems so scary to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ang and Brittany!

    I've always been afraid of the idea, jumping out of a plane with, you know....gravity and all but I've been "toying" with the idea. I didn't do anything special when I entered this decade of my life and with the half-decade mark steaming my way - well, just maybe. I'm not getting any younger! I'd have to wait until my bum shoulder is better though as the 120 mph winds during the first minute could be problematic.

    Angela, I will definitely let you know. =D

    ReplyDelete


GreenOnionsGal(at)gmail(dot)com

Search This Blog

Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Software
I review for BookSneeze


free counters

Faves

Blinkie



Daisypath Anniversary tickers