Thursday, February 18, 2010

Anatomy of a Blog



























What constitutes a good blog in your opinion? Obviously that will be based on the desires of the specific reader. Some folks want blogs that are dedicated to a single thing: food, motherhood, life in foreign places, fashion, giveaways, specific health issues and witty musings just to name a few.
My friend, Angela, and I had a discussion recently about posts. Our two blogs are very different. Her’s is deeply spiritual, poetic and she boldly bares her soul. Mine, not so much. I admire her transparency but to tell you the truth, I struggle with how much detail to go into about certain areas of my life. I guess you could say I'm still trying to find my Bloggie legs.
Now, don’t misunderstand, I’m not trying to hide anything and I have an awesome life. I’ve been in love with an incredible man for two decades and we’ve been married for nearly 18 of those years. I have a snug little house that I love. Two furry “babies” that bring me much happiness. Hobbies that I enjoy. Friends that bring grace and laughter into my heart. And many, many more blessings. And yet, there are also burdens that I bear daily and my life's activities are often limited by very narrow boundaries.This frustrates me and since I've been reminded of them each day for over a decade now......well, I kind of like that I can be “normal” on my blog, you know? The real me, the woman I used to be, capable of doing all the things I used to do.
My burdens weigh heavily at times but I think my friend may have a good point. That sharing a bit deeper about my life just might encourage someone and if nothing else, will be a good outlet for me. 
So I’m going to give it a go.......but not today. 
***What’s that I hear? Are you making clucking sounds as if to imply I’m chicken?!?***
=)


No comments:

Post a Comment


GreenOnionsGal(at)gmail(dot)com

Search This Blog

Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Software
I review for BookSneeze


free counters

Faves

Blinkie



Daisypath Anniversary tickers