Surely a man needs a closed place
wherein he may strike root
and, like the seed, become.
wherein he may strike root
and, like the seed, become.
But also he needs the great Milky Way
above him and the vast sea spaces,
though neither stars nor
above him and the vast sea spaces,
though neither stars nor
ocean serve his daily needs.
~Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Wisdom of the Sands
I like the images that this quote evokes in my mind. Growing up, I always craved being rooted in one place.
Thanks to generous friends, stars and vast sea spaces will be a balm for the soul this weekend. The two of us are headed off for a quiet beach getaway, our first time away in quite some time. It will be cold but their spectacular house is right on the ocean! It is such a restful place full of peace and space to breathe. Hope to have some photos to post next week.
I wish you a weekend full of joy...........









Enjoy your time away! The beach sounds so lovely right now!
ReplyDelete