Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Tagged!

Several weeks a month ago, a sweet friend tagged me to answer some questions. Due to all the moving, holidays and general craziness of my life I'm a tad behind on posting. (That's me you know, master of the understatement). 


So, with apologies to Melissa from "The Missionary Mama" here ya go............Oh, and I now do so solemnly swear to bequeath said tag unto Angela at "Unveiling Radiance".







1.What is your current obsession ?
BBC Shows (Monarch of the Glen, Doc Martin, Pie in the Sky, Rosemary & Thyme, House of Eliott, Waiting for God, Last of the Summer Wine) and reading is always an obsession.
2. What are you wearing today? Khaki uniform pants, dark purple scrub top, grey long sleeved Tshirt and sneakers but earlier today it was "Hello Kitty" pj bottoms and a fleece pj top.
3. What’s for dinner?
 Chicken Cacciatore
4. What’s the last thing you bought? ”The 36 Hour Day: A Family Guide to Caring for People with Alzheimer Disease, Other Dementias and Memory Loss in Later Life”
5. What are you listening to right now? 
Monarch of the Glen on DVD
6. What do you think about the person who tagged you?
 I love and admire her!
7. If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished anywhere in the world, where would you like it to be?
 A seaside cottage high atop a wild, craggy coast (Scotland? Ireland? Maine? Oregon?)
8. What are your must-have pieces for summer? Shorts, t-shirts & most importantly, an air conditioning unit.
9. If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go? Wow, tough question! I’d like to see so many places but if it’s just for one, teensy, short hour…….I’d say Florence, Italy. I’d spend it in one of the 70 museums there.
10. Which language do you want to learn?
 Japanese, Italian, French
11. What’s your favourite quote  “The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people.” – Martin Luther King, Jr
12. Who do you want to meet right now?
 Jaden Hair from “The Steamy Kitchen”
13. What is your favorite color?
 Red
14. What is your favorite piece of clothing in your own closet? 
The Kimono my grandmother sent me from Japan.
15. What is your dream job? 
Writer, or food/travel host.
16. What’s your favorite magazine? 
Biblical Archeology Review
17. If you had $100 now, what would you spend it on?
 Books, probably.
18. What do you consider a fashion faux pas?
 Thong underwear…..why people?? I just don't understand it!!
19. Who according to you is the most over-rated style icon?
 Just one? How about Mischa Barton.
20. What kind of haircut do you prefer? 
Shoulder length
21. What are you going to do after this? 
Plan next week’s menus, make a grocery list and paint some cupboards.
22. What are your favorite movies?
 Snow Falling on Cedars, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Harry Potter, Pirates of the Caribbean, The Mummy, Tomb Raider, O Brother Where Art Thou, Shawshank Redemption, Freedom Writers, Indiana Jones, Blood Diamond, Hotel Rwanda, Akeelah and the Bee, House of Flying Daggers, Memoirs of a Geisha.
23. What are three cosmetic/makeup/perfume products that you can't live without? 
Body Butter, Foundation, Eye shadow.
24. What inspires you? 
Beautiful natural settings, hearing people’s life stories, God.
25. Give us three styling tips that always work for you? 
Ummm, is this for clothes or hair style? I’d say:
1. Wear clothes that fit well but are also comfortable (not too tight & not too baggy) 2. Dress according to your body type 3. Avoid colors that are not flattering to you.
26. What do you do when you “have nothing to wear” (even though your closet’s packed)?
This doesn’t happen as much now that I’ve cleaned out my closet and only keep things I really love and look good in but if it did, I’d just suck it up and choose something.
27. Coffee or tea?
 Both, but coffee more often.
28. What do you do when you are feeling low or terribly depressed?
 Watch Monarch of the Glen or other funny BBC shows, read, pray for someone, talk with my husband.
29. What is the meaning of your name? Karen (pure), Lana (light)
30. Which other blogs do you love visiting?
 The Missionary Mama, Unveiling Radiance, Living in the Moment, Pioneer Woman, Bakerella, Steamy Kitchen, Asian Aisle and a ton more that are listed on my blog roll.
31. Favorite Dessert/Sweet?
 Dark chocolate
32. Favorite Season?
 Winter
33. If I come to your house now, what would you cook for me?
 Potato & Leek soup, Hot Roast Beef sandwich with pesto and provolone, Orange Cranberry scones and freshly ground and brewed Rwandan coffee.
34. What is the right way to avoid people who purposefully hurt you? 
Boy, tricky one. If those people happen to be family, you often don’t have the luxury of avoidance. I’d try to work on my responses to the hurtful attempt, that way, no matter what anyone purposefully tries to do, you don’t let it get to you.
35. How do you calm yourself down when you are agitated or angry?
 Sit quietly for a few moments and take deep breaths, go outside.
36.Who is the modern ideal girl..the one who knows how to shop, dress and enjoy or the one who is simple but manages the house, kids and herself well?
 I lean towards admiring the second type.









7 comments:

  1. You bequeathed The Tag to me???!! I'm so honored! I shall endeavor to be worthy of this challenge. (LOL!)

    It was fun reading your answers. I'm surprised your favorite magazine is biblical archeology. Interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? What would have been your guess on the magazine I wonder?
    =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen, i enjoyed reading your answers.
    You have a real Kimono in your closet? Cool! =) And i love the meaning of your name "Pure Light" beautiful!
    I wanted to come visit you this week but i think we'd better wait till next week. Elijah was sick all night last night and I don't want to pass this on to anyone else! It's miserable!
    I can't wait to see you though and catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey "Honey Bee" (LOL)

    Better late than never, huh? I like the meaning of your name also and honey bees are very gentle (like you)!

    Yep, it's a real kimono! Certain age groups wear specific kinds of fabrics and patterns. I was only 13 when she sent it so it's in an age appropriate navy blue with red and yellow patterns in a cotton fabric. So, it's not a flowery "geisha" type fabric but I cherish it. I'll show it to you when you come to visit.

    I'm sorry the kids have been ill! I'll look forward to seeing you guys next week (Evan will be home by then).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun list!

    My daughter has a good friend who is part Japanese also! I wonder if she has a cool kimono? I'll have to ask.

    Have a great New Year!
    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for posting a comment, Deanna! Your niece is a truly lovely person, inside and out and I know I don't have to tell you that. =)

    How interesting about your daughter's friend! Where does she live? There aren't many Asians in my area .

    Happy New Year to you also!

    ReplyDelete


GreenOnionsGal(at)gmail(dot)com

Search This Blog

Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Software
I review for BookSneeze


free counters

Faves

Blinkie



Daisypath Anniversary tickers