Friday, August 28, 2009

Pay it Forward Present




I want to send a heartfelt "Thank You!" to Kristen at Watcha Eatin'? for the package of goodies from Canada. I was one of her lucky winners for the "Pay it Forward Giveaway". What a fun collection of items: a cookbook of "Warm Desserts", Montreal seasoning (our favorite for steaks), Vanilla & Sugar crystals (smells heavenly), Smarties candies and the cute and ingenious mini, silicone baking cups!!! I can't wait to try the Chocolate Hazelnut Souffles, Deep Plum Pie, Chocolate Silk Fondue and the intriguingly named...Warm & Saucy Packages. All the recipes sound good to me and I'm going to have a lot of fun!

I'd like to travel to many places and Canada is at the top of my list. One day, I hope I make it to that beautiful country. Kristen included a pretty postcard of her city and that prompted me to Google it. Saint John is the oldest incorporated city in Canada, a port city at the mouth of the Saint John River. Strangely enough, my town is located near the St Johns River here in Florida (who knew)?!

It looks like a very interesting city with lots to do. I'd like to visit the museum, theater, many galleries and symphony. I also enjoyed reading the list of notable citizens which included Abraham Pineo Gesner, the inventor of kerosene, and actor Donald Sutherland among many others.

Thanks again, Kristen! I'll be sending good thoughts your way whenever I use one of your thoughtful gifts.

1 comment:


GreenOnionsGal(at)gmail(dot)com

Search This Blog

Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Software
I review for BookSneeze


free counters

Faves

Blinkie



Daisypath Anniversary tickers